Click image below to visit our debtor focussed information website Back on Track

Click here for details
on how to avail of a

What rights do I have

Every data subject has a right of access to the information held about them, to ensure that it is correct and fairly held, and to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner if they are dissatisfied.

Where can I get more information about my rights under the Data Protection Acts?

The Data Protection Commissioner’s website offers an explanation of the rights and responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts,

Information is also available from the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co Laois, or by emailing or phoning 1890 252231.

What can I do if I find that personal data held about me is incorrect?

Under Section 6 of the Acts, you have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate, or erased if there is no legitimate reason for it being retained.

If you wish to have personal data held by the Insolvency Service corrected you need to send a written request to John Farrell, Head of Policy and Regulation, Insolvency Service of Ireland, Phoenix House, Conyngham Road, Dublin 8.
The request must be accompanied by a photocopy of your identification.